Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Meet the Kitten Guru: Hannah Shaw

One of my go-to gurus for fostering know-how is Hannah Shaw, otherwise known as the Kitten Lady. She not only fosters tons of kittens in her own home, but also provides educational media, training resources, and instructional workshops and consulting services. Hannah, along with her partner, Anthony Marttila, run this small empire of education and service all for the purpose of benefiting cats and kittens. They are based out in San Diego, CA, but they travel all over the state and country helping kittens and foster parents who need a bit of assistance. Hannah has informed a lot of my fostering practices and she's never lead me astray. If you ever have any questions about the challenges and triumphs of fostering feral cats, please go check out her site. 

Below, you'll find a short interview produced by Little Things on YouTube featuring Hannah! In the interview, Hannah also discusses Cat Con, a convention held out in Pasadena entirely dedicated to all things cat. I've never been able to attend, but it seems like a wonderful, wholesome time. 


With Hannah's help, I'm about to take on a new challenge in the world of fostering. Unfortunately, I have never been able to trap the mother of the two litters of kittens I have fostered. Now, after extensive research, I feel ready to take on trapping, spaying and releasing the momma cat. I'll be sure to update the blog on how that whole process goes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment